Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's a Hard Blog Life.




Hey, so here I am starting my first blog (my old MySpace account doesn't count). Here goes... nothing? I think Bethany is going to do a family blog so I'm just doing this on my own. Thought I'd give it a whirl (you're going to see my infatuation with parenthesis). At best with work I can probably just update it about once a week.

First I guess I should introduce myself (though if you are reading this you already know me so what's the point? Well you're going to have to read it anyway). My name is Russell Allen Smith and I grew up a Navy brat. I say that because I've been around. I claim Hampden, Maine as my home because that's where I went to all of junior high and high school after my Pops retired from the service.

I'm married to a wonderful girl named Bethany (who somehow puts up with me) and have 2 boys, Casey Allen (just turned 3) and Oliver Ruben (just turned 3... months - I don't have twins). I just recently turned 30 and I can't believe it though from looking at me you'd say I was in my early 20's. If I drank (Mormon here) I'm sure I'd be carded all the time.

I work for Progressive (auto claims adjuster). It's not my dream job (ball boy for the Yankees) but it pays the bills and keeps the fam in health and dental insurance. Plus it has a pretty rockin' visual plan.

That's about as good as an intro that I can give ya under short notice. I got to go help make the vittles (dinner for you young folk).

Blog you later,
Russ

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on joining the blogging world. It's lots of fun to see what everyone is up to! :) Come check ours out anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Y'all come back now, y'hear?