Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Do You Remember?

I was just thinking the other day and do you remember what your earliest possible memory is? I have a couple and I'm not really sure where I can place them in my mind but they are cloudy and I'm sure either of them are the earliest. I have two memories:

1) I remember being in an earthquake because I remember the room was shaking. I was looking around. We had a red cloth couch I remember seeing that. I'm not sure if it was my mom or my older brother but one of them was standing against holding onto the couch.
I try and place this but based on where I've lived the only place feasible for an earthquake would be Arizona. I was born there and I don't think we lived more than a couple years there. So I couldn't have been older than two. Does anyone know how far back a person can remember stuff?
2) I remember being held up by one of my older brothers or my Pop and we were looking at our dog. I think her/his name might have been Candy and that she/he may have been a wiener dog. This could have been in Iowa but I'm not sure. This has to be after the earthquake.

The reason why I thought about this because I was thinking about my boys and how fast Casey is growing and learning and remembering things. I was wondering what their earliest memories will be and if I'll be in any of them. My boys are so important to me and I hope that their earliest memories are good ones or at least something they can vaguely make out better than I can. I just hope they're not of me shouting at the TV from getting destroyed in Gears of War 2 on Xbox Live.
I hope this isn't their earliest memory. Because we already have the pictures to show for it.



3 comments:

  1. This isn't as bad as when your wife and I dressed Casey in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping he doesn't remember that. Luckily he was super young then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This memory doesn't go way way back, but I remember swallowing a bee in my aunt's pool and thinking that it was stinging me each time I had a stomach ache afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Y'all come back now, y'hear?