Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Very Difficult Question...

What is a more tasty theme park treat?

The Churro


With it deliciously chewy inside and slightly crispy outside the churro is a delicious theme park treat. It normally retails from $3.00 to $1,000 (I'm looking at you Disney Land). The closer is the outstanding coating of cinnamon and sugar (one of my favorite combos of all time ) all over these masterpieces. Perfectly portable that you can eat and walk around. Thank you Hispanic person that came up with this yummy snack.

OR

The Funnel Cake

Funnel cakes are a fabulously fantastic fair food (how's that for alliteration?)! Straight out of the deep fat fryer and onto a paper plate covered in powdered sugar it goes almost unchallenged. You know you have a good one when the plate has a big grease stain on it (that means its extra healthy). It doesn't stop at powdered sugar because you can get jam on them (Knott's Berry Farm anyone?) While not as portable as the churro its worth sitting down and taking a break for.

This is a quandry and a difficult choice. I don't know which is better. I want to say funnel cake. I really do. Instead I'll go with deep fried Twinkies (I'm kidding - no picture included because they are na-a-a-a-asty).



12 comments:

  1. What made you think of these treats? Made me hungry though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. I know it didn't make you hungry for a funnel cake right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funnel cake= vomit. Churro= yummy goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funnel cake! Especially with a little drizzle of chocolate sauce.

    I guess I like consuming vomit. Sonic and Funnel Cake? Two no goes on Natalie's list. Good thing I'm not a picky eater :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I didn't make it clear I'm going with funnel cake. I think their supertasty. Also because there's more funnel cake in a serving than a churro.

    We should all make a trip to Anaheim to go to Sonic! Natalie can get food somewhere close to it and bring it to Sonic and eat with us. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, good thing you're taking the funnel cake, all the more churros for me!!! I'm a picky eater, yes it's true...I think lots of things are vomitous... (yes, not really a word, but I like to use it anyway) i.e. funnel cake, sonic, asian food, cheesecake, jelly beans... need I go on??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Russ I would've thought you'd known better than to call dessert #2 a funnel cake... any Mainer knows that they are called doughboys.. i don't know Russ between being a yankee fan and calling it a funnel cake - i think you've had your Maine Card suspended indefinitely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am... ashamed. Well when I used to live in Florida they were called "Elephant Ears"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I just have to comment on mattm's response and pedantically respond. Funnel cakes are made by pouring dough through a funnel directly into the fryer where as doughboys are discs of dough that are fried. Hence the term, funnel cake. I just wanted to back up Russ in his Maine-ness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woot! Toby's got my back! From a bonafide foodie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doughboys! I haven't had one of those in YEARS! My stepdad would make a Korean version that has brown sugar folded inside. I could really go for one of those right now...

    ReplyDelete

Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Y'all come back now, y'hear?